Tuesday, February 9, 2010

About Me

I am a Mother, Wife, Daughter, Sister and Friend. I fill my days working as a Nurse Practitioner & an Assistant Professor of Nursing. I am an avid crafter of all things primitive. I love creating items for family, friends and customers which are handmade or handpainted and made from my heart. There's just something about creating with the hands and mind that makes me very happy. I love collecting antiques (just started over the last few years) but have been in love with all things old and nostalgic since I was about 7 or 8. My friend Joannie and I would go to the Holland Land Office Museum. I remember admiring all of the old early American items displayed from bedwarmers to old pots, Indian artifacts and old ice skates. Seems like it was yesterday....We visited almost everyday in the summertime. My love of primitives, especially Annie dolls has increased over the years. I ultimately dream of opening up my own country craft & Ice cream shoppe. I keep telling my 9 yr old son that he's going to have to scoop the ice cream for customers! He just makes a face!! I have a wonderful husband who is supportive of All of my crafting ventures...he supports me and endures tireless craziness like when I found two box springs on the side of the road and had to have them for make do's. He was such a great help clipping over 100 of those darn rusty springs from the bed frames! I've told him on several occasions that we MUST get some sheep now that we live in the country and have 4 acres! My mind races with what we could do with all of the wool! I have a wonderful daughter who is incredibly smart and will be graduating this june and I also have a terrific step daughter who has such a wonderful heart and soul. She is also graduating from HS this june. They will both be attending college where I work as a Nurse Educator for Registered Nursing students. Not sure what they want to do for careers yet but they still have time to decide. I also recently opened up a new website: http://www.raspberrylanetreasures.com Check it out. I hope to add more items over the next few months. I am working on several pattern packets. I have quite a few designs waiting in the wings. Prim Blessings Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your dream of opening your craft/ice cream shoppe...that sounds really neat!
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl I just got your message. Ok here's what you do...if I can remember that is...lol=)
    Go to configure blog list then you'll see Title, Sort-I have mine set to most recently updated, Show-I have mine set to 10 & I have icon checked, title of most recent item check & date of last update. I hope this helps but let me know if it doesn't & I'll try to figure it out for ya. I'm not good at exlaining stuff...lol! Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry seedlings said...