Monday, March 15, 2010

Dried Snapdragon Flowers from my garden


Here is a cute little rusty heart pocket that I picked up for $3.99. I filled it with dried sweet annie. I grew snapdragon flowers in my flower garden last spring, dried them  and added them as well. These dried snapdragons have such a great texture.  I will be making a heart pocket like this one out of fabric too. Did you know that snapdragons have a wonderfully fragrant scent? Also, cut a bunch and place in a vase this summer, to make your home smell delicious. They're annual but they do come up yearly for me. I've even found them on the opposite side of my yard from where I planted them. 

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you could dry snaps. I've tried drying about everything else under the sun! What a great idea and the texture is lovely.

    Sweet Annie is so versatile.

    Lovely arrangement! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!
    I'd love to tell you where to purchase my electric candle, but my Ma picked it up for me at a craft show... isnt it great? I'd love to find more lol!

    You have a lovely blog! I hope you dont mind me stopping bck from time to time!
    huggers~
    angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti I love your dried flowers, they look fabulous!~ I love dried Hydrangeas myself:) Pretty soon we can do that!

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry seedlings said...