Thursday, March 18, 2010

I love supporting the GW cause

Here are my Incredible finds from GW
~~brought to you by Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday~ the letter I~~
Here are a few of my GW finds over three trips recently. I hit the motherload!! Here's what I procured (in the name of prIm crafting)~~
  • dove tail oak recipe box
  • dark stained wood & bamboo japanese tea pot (this is my most special find) it even has japanese writing carved on the side. I have never seen anything like this before!! The top even comes off
  • handcrafted pottery jar
  • 3 candle holders (brass & pewter)
  • wooden wagon (for annies or whatnot)
  • oak ladder shelf
  • 2 willow baskets
  • 5 bird n nests (new)
  • beaded halloween table runner (to put appliques on)
  • 48 colonial style candles (to grunge and prim with cinnamon, dye, wax and such)~I just about died when I found all of these white candles...so many possibilities to use in prim crafting!
  • 3 small and 1 large canning glass jars (for pin keeps)
  • Awesome heavy metal star on a base (this has gorgeous texture and definition)
  • wooden tray (with doved corners)
  • wooden basket with cool curved handle (to paint black and sand up a bit)
  • 8 heavy hand towels-new from Target~the fabric is thick but flexible (deep orange color for fall pumpkins or whatever)
  • wooden heart shelf (to paint black and maybe crackle too)
and so to sum up my recent finds, I would utter these ~I~ words:
  • Incomparable
  • Impressive
  • Illustrious
  • Inspiring
  • Invaluable
It is Incomparable for most to comprehend but a big "Thanks" to all of my new blog friends as I have found another way to support my addiction of prim crafting while contributing to the Invaluable mission of GW.

Click on the link on my sidebar to participate in this fun game...there are prizes to be won!

13 comments:

  1. Looks like you hit the jackpot!~ Incredible finds!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did very well. All of that should keep you busy for a while. Now I'm off to check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful finds!
    just bloghoppin' and so glad to stumble on this great blog! now a follower!

    happy weekends

    check out my my FFI

    xoxo
    fickle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where are all of these finds when i go to the gw??? i kid, you got some great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH you found some great stuff! That shelf will look really cute after you paint it black!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, so now you have something to do for today...but what are you going to occupy yourself with over the weekend!

    mwahahahahaha (evil laugh)

    Great "I" post and I loved shopping vicariously through you!

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have a GW in my town, but we have a Deseret Industries and I give my excess when I can...much to the chagrin of my kids who would love to have a garage sale. Great finds! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it all and am doing some serious coveting........

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did make some incredible purchases! I love going to GW. I miss it here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried to email you Patti but I'm not sure you got it. If you still want those raggedies, just let me know. I'll hold on to them until the weekend while you decide. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let me send you a link for a Reserved listing on Etsy. Then you can just go in there and pay for it. Is that okay??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's the link, Patti:

    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=43514050

    Thanks so much! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry seedlings said...