Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Olive Garden's Chicken & Gnocchi Soup


Check out this fabulous recipe over at "and baby makes five" . Scroll down to the March 12th post. This is my favorite soup at olive garden and I'm so glad that I found it. Wanted to try it for quite some time. Made it last night....mmmmmm so good. Even had it for lunch today.

Also made a very easy spinach/garlic/butter italian bread to go with it.....semi-homemade & very simple:
  • buy a loaf of italian bread (or you can make it yourself-I'm not that ambitious)..cut in half....spread melted butter on both sides (about 1/4 stick or less), sprinkle garlic powder on both sides (to taste)
  • thaw spinach (about 3-4 cups), remove excess water and add garlic powder and melted butter to taste (about 1/4 stick or so)
  • spread spinach mixture onto the bread and close the loaf
  • bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes
I'm going to try country crock spread next time...I don't want to clog my arteries too much!!

ps Colleen has the cutest salt/dough bowl fillers & ornies on her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raspberry seedlings said...