Saturday, April 24, 2010

Finally Flowers and getting the Garden ready

I'm so excited to finally see my flowers blooming....soon the lilacs will be next.....I have put some cut flowers in a mason jar in the living room and boy do they smell great...especially the hyacinths and daffodils...Here are some pics of my flowers
Just planted five (30 foot) rows of early sweet corn...will be ready in 63 days so right around the Fourth of July. I can't wait for that yummy corn...Also planted one 30 foot row of peas....I was too exhausted to plant anymore today but will probably plant 3 more rows of peas. I like to get my 3-4 inch veggie plants, which include cucumbers, tomatoes, watermelon, eggplant, zucchini and hot peppers (of all types especially jalepeno's, hungarian wax and cayenne's). I did grow my own Basil last year but the japanese beetles were all over them. Hope they are less this year. My strawberries are in the middle of the garden; had 5 but there are only 3 that I see. (Hubby must have tilled them again) :(
Also have some nice rhubarb growing on the right. I am happy again!!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Patti! I see where you are my blogging friend now so thought I'd hop on over here and meet you! I love your flowers, they are beautiful!! Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers of all. I so wish they would stick around longer than they do. That's a nice size garden... gonna be keeping you on your toes! I like your spread... your homestead you have. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Patti 20 rows! You have some beautiful sprawling property. My Mom said you had some nice days, so I am anticipating some beautiful gardens for you! They already look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girlfriend!!!

    Did you have to bring in a few prims for them to jury? I cant remember how long it took her to get back to me. What booth are planning on renting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patti! You are off to a great start on your garden, it's going to be great! I love all your flowers.

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a big and beautiful garden! I envy you all that space and big tilled areas to plant to your hearts content!

    I watch my little sweet corn plants get bigger each day and I dream of meals of corn and fresh tomatoes.

    And how lucky you are to have rhubarb.

    I miss my Ohio gardens like that, but it was lovely to visit yours vicariously!

    Your flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your'e seriously ambitious.....what a garden! And your flowers are beautiful too. My husband would just like some tomato plants but I haven't gotten to it in the past so this year will probably be the same. I can barely get my weeding done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for visiting my blog and becoming a follower. You have a lovely blog here and I love those flowers! I don't have the gardening gene but I do appreciate pretty flowers and fresh veggies. Come back and leave a message so I can add you to the giveaway - you still have plenty of time to enter.

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry seedlings said...