Saturday, May 22, 2010

Recent Finds.....


Here is a pic of some of my recent finds....I forgot to put in the set of 3 enamelware flat plates that I found for $3.00 total...what a find that was...they are all different colors...not sure what I'll do with those but I do have electric country candles that would look nice with pip berry candle rings...maybe I'll post it later. The suitcase was $2.00 at an estate sale...I can't wait to paint something on it! ....I always feel kinda sad when going to an estate sale :(...I wonder what the person/people were like....I did pick up this enamelware baby bathtub at the same sale and wonder how many babies were bathed in it??? The guy at the sale said to my husband, "now you know why she's buying that, don't you ?" I said NO WAY-our baby is 10 now!!!...I found two enamelware strainers yesterday (one is from the 50's I think and the other one is a pfalzgraff from the early 90's)...This long basket will hold some cute muslin carrots maybe?? the magazine rack is very old and very heavy and will get a makeover. I love finding wrought iron candle holders; there are 3 here.... My most favorite find though is this antique gumball machine. Its heavy metal and really works...I've always wanted on of these. The lady said that it used to be her husband's when he was little. She looked to be in her late 40's or early 50's so It's probably 30ish+ years old. I just have to fill it with gumballs..woo hoo!! My korean lilacs in the background smell so delicious...I also have tinkerbell lilac bushes in the front (they are pink and small). They bloom twice; once in the late spring and once in early summer after all of the other lilacs are gone...Have a nice weekend everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Great Finds! Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower! Can't wait to see what you do with these. I love finding nice suitcases!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. tahnks for following my blog cause now i found you as well.i luv the gumball machine,i always wanted one too but im such a pack rat that hubby says u dont need that,lol one day i will snag one up,lol nice meeting u have a great day and god bless michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh goodness i hate when i cant spell,lol

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry seedlings said...