Monday, June 21, 2010

First Primitive Candle....

My son, Joshua made his first primitive candle last week in school.



His 4th grade class learned about early living and visited the most amazing local 19th century primitive living museum.... Genesee Country Village and Museum (click on the name to find out more). It's one of the nations largest living museums....I love going to this museum....they have tours and activities and actual homes that can be toured....Here is a pic of George Eastman's Home. He was the founder of the Eastman Kodak Company right here in Rochester, NY...


Click here to learn more about George Eastman's Home and other homes.....There's even a saltbox home!


There is the also the most amazing primitive shop right down the road from the museum... Primitive Country Gifts...they are working on opening their online shop but if you are ever in the area be sure to visit....it's such a quaint shop~~housed in an 1840's general store in the historic hamlet of Mumford, NY...every inch of every room is filled with primitive treasures.

2 comments:

  1. Patti!

    Ive been trying to get Jason to go there for YEARS! I remember going for field trips and being so amazed with all of it! Never been to the prim shop either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you NEED to stop at the prim shop!!! I want to go again soon. let me know if you want to go...I'm on the way to the shop! You can come to my house and then I'll drive...it's not far from me...you will DIE in there!!

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry seedlings said...