Sunday, September 26, 2010

It's a Fairy Tale.....


A fairy tale pumpkin that is.....I bought this sweet pumpkin at the farmers market this weekend...It's huge...I did not weigh it but it's probably 7 or 8 lbs...I guess I never really paid attention to the various types of pumpkins until I started making "fabric" pumpkins....I am in LOVE with this one...It's termed Cinderella's pumpkin...how cute is that?? I was told that it is edible and can be used around Thanksgiving time...I will attempt a pumpkin pie...never scooped out the inside of a pumpkin so I'll have to do a search on it....

Here it is in a small Fall display with my new witch by Brenda (The Rusty Thimble) and my scarecrow~n~bowl fillers from Primcrafts along with a star pocket from A hole in the basket, which I filled with sweet annie, moss and one of my own mulled cider scented GHOSTIE tarts. My candycorn bat hangs on the rocker....and the dried zinnias are from my garden and make excellent fillers to prim crafting.


My Mom and I went to the AppleUmpkin Festival here in Wyoming, NY today....and I bought this unique bench...from a couple who refurbish old windows and doors down in Mercerville, PA...This bench was made from an old door cut up into pieces for the back and sides...was painted black with a cream color over the top. The handrails, top and bench were wood stained...paid $60 and it's so worth it...I looove this piece!!...yes, I do have a "non handmade" in this pic...a scarecrow but I love him anyway...when I get some time, I will make my own....I picked all of my smaller sunflower heads with seeds since the birds have moved on....I may sell these in packets at some point once I harvest them...when planted they look so nice in clusters in my front gardens and surrounding my front porch...I also dried some longer sunflowers in a bunch....I have a bittersweet garland on the back of the bench and some with leaves, in a vase. The pumpkin is from our patch.

close-up of the bench...



5 comments:

  1. That is a perfect pumpkin!we havent yet got any.Usually get pretty good size ones at Sams club.cheap too.The bench is beautiful!vey worth 60 dollars.what a cute ghostie tart.are they on your website?have a great week sweetie.blessings michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bench! And your pumpkin is absolutely perfect. It will be delicious after Halloween is over.
    I'm having a giveaway and I'd love for you to come over and check it out!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love that pumpkin..love the shape of it..love your fall display..it looks great there with your stuff.;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a FABULOUS pumpkin - I love the shape. And that bench is AWESOME! Well worth $60.

    I got my sweet annie yesterday! Thanks for the extra bundles and for the little dried flowers and tarts! You were so sweet to include them. It smells wonderful.

    Autumn Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why it's called a fairy tale pumpkin... it's the perfect pumpkin! Love the shape of it!

    Don't you just love being able to decorate your home with hand mades from sweet prim friends, that's awesome!

    I love your fall decorating! That bench is awesome and worth $60! It would be so cute to decorate it with the different seasons.

    Your fall foliage looks wonderful! I love my bittersweet! I have been thinking about planting some sunflowers. I would love to have some big ones along my back and side fence and then the smaller versions just here and there. Maybe one of these days, ha!

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry seedlings said...