Sunday, November 21, 2010

Chubby Christmas Mitten...

My version of a Christmas mitten...has peppermint scented candy canes tied with cheese cloth, sweet annie and greens attached to a grungy red & white ticking mitten with a w&n cuff. The top is filled with spanish moss. This sold within 20 minutes of putting it in my booth....Will be making more of these....
Also made a crow in a mitten: not the greatest lighting but you get the idea....


Next, I repurposed an old cheese grater that I bought for 25 cents....added three wax dipped~n~peppermint scented chenille candy canes with sweet annie and greens...this sold for $12.95


Lastly, I made a snowman wreath...he's hiding in a grungy envelope made of muslin....
with a tealight inside: I also made the wreath from grapevine behind my house....
these hallway pics are not too great...won't do that again!! Thanks for peeking!!

10 comments:

  1. Patti,
    I can see how that top mitten sold so quickly!! You are so talented, keep up the great work.
    Happy Holidays,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all adorable. Great job!
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new mitten! Not surprised that it sold right away-way cute! Don't you just love it when something you created finds a new home? I know I do.
    Blessings to you~
    ~Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so nice. I love that mitten, I can see why it sold so quick.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I am officially in love with the mittens. I need to send some of my friends to this blog...they love prim...they would be blown away by your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why it sold so quickly, very cute!! I like the crow too.

    I have a grater that I should dress up a little for Christmas. I got it at a sale this summer and it's still tucked away somewhere. Now I gotta dig it out and add a couple candy canes to it, thanks for the cute idea!

    The snowman wreath is another cute piece! Is that your creation? I love that little muslin envelope it's sitting in. You can use that year round for different things... I can see a sweet little bunny in it for Easter. Oh, and a crow one too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone. Yes the snowman in the envelop on the wreath is my own creation, Angie...glad you like him! Yes, He can be changed out for something else during other seasons. The grater was a last minute idea...had to cover up the black magic marker on the side where it said "50 cents"...hey grungy cheesecloth is great for just about anything, I say!!
    patti

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry seedlings said...