Monday, January 10, 2011

Security Alert....

I was just informed by a fellow blogger-Maureen from Sweet Meadows Farm that there is a site which gives out private information (address, age, income, credit rating, marital status, pictures on FB) about all of us for only $2.95!!  It's http://www.spokeo.com/  Just be sure to check All of your names that you've been known as; even your maiden name. I found myself on there twice!! Just type in your name (s) (one at a time) to see what comes up. Once you have found your name (I can't believe so many people have the same name as I do!!) click on the bottom of the page where it says "privacy"...it will take you to another page so you can remove your name on this site. You MUST copy and paste your specific spokeo URL (address) and provide an email to complete the process. I had to do this with two different emails because it wouldn't take the same email address for both names!
Vamanos!! Get on over there ASAP!!

4 comments:

  1. I just took care of mine. They had me living in the wrong city. I even took my husband's name off too, because his name is linked to mine. Crazy!!
    Thanks for the info.
    ~Rene~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting us know, I checked it out and it is really scary what kind of information is coming up, nothing is private any longer and than we wonder about all the identy thefts! This site should be stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Thanks for sharing - I've removed us from this list. We have an unlisted phone number due to my DH's job and I don't like his employees to know where we live. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Patti, I went on there and it had me 3 times that I found. It actually says our house is worth for than 1 million dollars, pretty cool, I sure wish it was, it would be on the market yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry seedlings said...