Sunday, March 6, 2011

Meet My Basil.....

Here's my Raggedy Basil Bunny. This was a pattern challenge from Wendy over at Ravenwood Whimzies to see what we could dream up with a pattern and no instructions......He's bright eyed and bushy tailed...hey wait a minute...I forgot to add his cotton tail...oh well....no one will see it since he has pants on! He has bright blue eyes to match is egg. They were done with acrylics and prisma pencils. I need to shade around his facial features with burnt umber to give him more definition but wanted to you all to finally meet him! His muzzle and nose were made out of cotton batting and are dimensional-poly filled. His body was done in a raggedy style with the raw edges kept on the outside. I still have to shade the raggedy edges...I mean his fur....with the burnt umber as well. He's all decked out in red cuffed pants with brown plaid suspenders. He's holding a cute prim egg-and doesn't want anyone to steal it....He's sittin' in a garden tray (can't think of the official name of it now-help me out prim friends) and he's holding some sweet annie tied with cheesecloth. He has also found some prim pears that he is hoarding too. Now where are all his carrots? They haven't grown just yet....they are seedlings sittin' in the fabric garden waiting to be planted. Maybe next weekend? He is my 3rd prim doll with a painted face. I did an annie doll and an annie make-do last spring and sold those to a dear friend for her and her mother. Wish I had more time to make more!

Here he is again....

He just can't wait for Easter!

14 comments:

  1. Love your basil bunny!! Love his painted eyes. I had thought about painting the eyes on mine, but decided to go with old buttons. Thanks for sharing him.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Patty, what an awesome bunny you created!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, Basil is so cute! I love him. You did a terriffic job. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Prim Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving him Patti, great job friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hes so cute!great job!i do love his little egg!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so adorable. You do such great work.
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love your Basil, Patti. You did a great job on him. I must try my hand at painting a face on material!!!!

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful detail - he is amazing! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job Patti! Basil is adorable. I love his facial features.
    Prim Blessings! Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Basil! Wasn't this a fun challenge? Now it's so neat to see how each one turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is so adorable! You did an awesome job on him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patti, Love Basil!!! Awesome job!!!! OLM

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry seedlings said...