Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Amazing Treenware Bowl.....

Well I was a lucky duck today....was passing by the GW and at the last minute thought I would stop in for a "few minutes"....glad that I did....went right over to the usual wood~n~basket section and spied this beauty instantly...a gorgeous SC treenware bowl that looks like a German or Pennsylvania Dutch piece...the carving detail is exquisite!!....a poor woman walked by me and said "oh I was just looking at that but it wasn't meant to be"...I said "I'm sorry"I did feel bad but I did not want to give it up...I still feel kinda bad about it....also found a tin candle lamp and a gorgeous glass decanter...I don't know if the decanter is old but it is just gorgeous....The top does not have a rubber or silicone stopper either...just look at all the details....it's embossed on the outside....it's so stunning in person....has anyone ever seen one of these or know about this type of container?...Please don't tell me that they're at the Mall !.. ....Will probably fill it with olde wooden spools...Also picked up two weighted candle holders for  pinkeeps or makedo's.....All for under $20.....

will have to find the right spot for it after it gets a good cleaning! Click on the pic for more detail!

Here are the Decanter & Tin Candleholder:

Must find spots for those too! Click to enlarge.


15 comments:

  1. Love that wooden bowl. All the detail in it is awsome. Have never seen one like it. Like the decanter and candle holder also. What great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a lucky duck!!! You found some pretty neat things. The jar is just beautiful. I love embossed glass. It gives it so much depth and detail. Do you have any special plans for the jar?

    Prim Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The bowl is amazing! Who would get rid of that? And the decanter is beautiful-have never seen one like it before. So happy for your lucky finds! Enjoy ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you got some great goodies. That bowl is awesome - I have never seen one like it.

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bowl. That is awesome. Can't wait to see what you do with it. I always have a hard time finding just the place for things too. then when I do it stays for a long time.
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is a gorgeous wooden bowl! I've never seen anything like it before. Love the decanter and tin candleholder, too. You really lucked out!

    You're more than welcome to share these beauties at the Sunburnt Cow link party. :)

    http://sunburntcowhandmadeshop.blogspot.com/2011/04/sunburnt-cow-link-party-6.html

    Cheers,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patti, I love your awesome finds!
    Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such unique finds! That wooden bowl is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patti,
    So drooling on that new bowl ABSOLUELY BREATHTAKING! The pantry cakes turned out so well I made another batch ( a triple at that) this past saturday, thanks for the hints , I gave you and jenn both credit and kudos! Thanks again ! They are time consuming but so worth it kids had fun helping with them and now the house smells fab , Im gonna use them for gifts. Hope you enjoy your week! Hugs
    lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bowl could start a fight... It's a good thing the woman wasn't persistent, lol! It is a keeper!

    Love the decanter and tin lamp too. But I'm sucker for jars of all shapes, sizes, and designs. Old wooden spools would look great in it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...what beautiful finds !!! Lucky duck !

    Grace to you,
    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patti, You are so fortunate! That is an awesome bowl!!
    It was meant to be yours.. if not she wouldn't have had to think about it!
    Great Thrift Goodies!
    {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just purchased the very same wooden bowl at an antique store for $5.00~ Sorry, but your bowl isn't German or Pennsylvania Dutch.... USA made by Treensware, The Salem Collection~ I just loved the detail and invisioning fresh baked biscuits in it~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes Connie...as I stated above, it is a Salem collection repro and to me it's gorgeous just the same.

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry seedlings said...