Saturday, April 2, 2011

Antique and Prim finds....

Here's a peek at what I've found at antique shops, co-ops and a peddlers market show....my hubby also found some great things for me too.....

He found an antique iron...in excellent condition:
He was so excited to show me more things the other day...he knows I've been wanting a yellow ware bowl...so he was proud to show me this one...and a brown pottery bowl (not sure what this one is called), some old wooden spools and bobbins-I can see some wagons and carts being made with these...Hey does anyone know how to clean yellow ware? This one is filthy as you can see...There are also two metal frying pans and a small olde crock that we can't get open (any ideas as to how to open it?) I will try warm water first but am scared because it says its a cheese crock...I'm afraid of what I will find in there!! The wooden table is also very olde... folds up too.

Here's a 19 yr old blue pottery jar dated 1992 with the artists initials BBP that I bought for $22...I love it!!

now look at all these cool prims that I picked up today at Peddlers market:
Very olde spoons (to use with Misi's embossed garden markers tutorial)-Yup I ordered my metal lettering kit from Harbor Freight on sale now for $4.99. I've been also wanting to try making some metal jewelry with it too. Click on the link to go to Misi's garden marker tutorial.
I also found an olde tamborene (without the parchment paper)-makes you wonder who played it all those years ago, a chenille bedspread, an old wooden trunk (for storing fabric of course), an old maple syrup can, blue willow saucer, three pairs of olde baby shoes, which I can see mice or bunnies popping out of or painted Americana or both, an olde canada dry box, very olde books from the late 1800's and early 1900's. There's even one with a fantastic picture of Abe Lincoln (which I can make transfers with)-yippee!!,  a tin funnel and an olde wicker baby carriage-worn but has so much yesteryear charm!

Here's the carriage in the house with my dollies from Jenn over at Yankee Ridge Prims:

Hope you enjoyed looking at my new "olde" finds.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Love all of your antique and prim finds.Thanks so much for sharing. If you get a chance stop on over to my blog and sign up for my very first giveaway.
    Becky at Ginger Creme Hollow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful goodies, lot of nice finds.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You scored girl! Since I decluttered I'm gonna try to stay put at fleamarket tomorrow while we are set up.Seriously doubt I'll be able to but gonna try real hard..smile..Have a great weekend!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you and hubby had a great time. I collect all kinds of wood spools, just love them. Why is everything plastic these days?
    Have a great Sunday!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Great finds. Can't wait to see the shoes with mice or bunnies popping out of them. The dolls look at home in their new buggy. (It really is worn)
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, what a great score...LOVE tha crock, especially the price !!! Lucky, lucky you.

    Grace to you,
    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT GOODIES YOU FOUND!!..love that carriage.
    Remind me to tell ya about Tinkerman's barn sale(near us) I will know more in a few weeks.
    {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang girl! You found lots of awesome goodies! I've been looking for an antique iron for my laundry room but haven't found any that I like so far. I love yours! Love all the old wooden spools... I am a sewing notion junkie. Beautiful crock bowls too, even if the yellow ware is dirty. The old blue pottery jar is beautiful!! Your raggedies are adorable in that wonderful carriage! All those great prim pieces you picked up will be lots of fun to decorate with.

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry seedlings said...