Saturday, April 2, 2011

Antique Dresser...

How could I have forgotten to post a pic of my new antique dresser??....It was a thrift store find...a diamond in the rough...it's oak with this white painted all over it...not sure what I'm going to do with it yet as far as refinishing...might use chalk paint and stain over the white...?? I love this olde scalloped mirror, which swivels. Just look at the detail on the front of the dresser...dovetail drawers of course. It's quite big too. Now I've really gotta go and correct some papers......I get easily distracted with all this prim stuff!! :)

11 comments:

  1. That is so pretty - reminds me of one I used to have years ago, but no mirror was with it, unfortunately! Yours has more detail with the scallops and all - a real treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Lucky Girl!!!!That is really beautiful! What a great find.

    Prim Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dresser and all the detail..;) great find.;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey that is a great find. I can't wait to see what you do with it. It is beautiful.
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find! Looking forward to seeing the makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great find ~ Love it!
    Prim Blessings!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's me again, sorry I was just on a blog that I follow and she did a dresser in chalk paint here's the link if you want to check it out. It's beautiful!
    http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/2011/04/what-you-dont-see-dresser-makeover.html
    Prim Blessings!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your dresser, it is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, what a gorgeous dresser! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, what a fantastic find girl!! This piece has so much potential. I can't wait to see the transformation on it!

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry seedlings said...