Saturday, May 7, 2011

New finds....

Here are some new finds from a church sale last weekend and today......A solids oak desk (to be refinished)probably from the 50's..maybe from a city office/lawyer office? It's just what I've been looking for!!...A pewter pitcher and small goblet, candlesticks, another heart mold, old postcards, Buffalo pottery platters, old bottles, wooden wheels, grater, chandelier (in the box that I'm going to redo with a textured bronze spray paint), old wooden hammer, pewter candlestick holders....My most favorite find at this sale was this old trunk...$10...and as a bonus...the inside is not even stinky! Yay!!


This was my treasure trip today:
Found 10 pewter wine goblets for $1 each...I'll keep a few and maybe do some pinkeeps with the rest?...a firkin (not olde), wooden candlestick bases, a willow plate, shoo fly covers (2)-going to paint and grungy up...flat grater, more candle stick holders with handles...pewter salt & pepper shakers, an enamelware pot, olde cookie cutters (25 cents each), a cigar box with dove tailing, baskets, shaker box (for redo)..lil' flags, a bag of glue sticks, a Hallmark Santa Key ornie and a couple of Cherished Teddy's....gotta love those church sales!

I'm going to replace this checker backing on this shelf with beadboard soon...


Love how the sun beam is showing through...



Also bought some plants today: romaine lettuce, basil (I usually grow my own from seed; looove the basil scent and wanted it a bit early), tomato, broccoli, allysum (blooms all summer), strawberries, and two plants that look like garbera daisies...there all closed up in this pic though...

Here's a sweet PIF gift from Holli over at Where the Rooster Crows....I just love this lil' prim bunny and the bath bomb that she made! Isn't he sweet hanging out in my new bowl? Can't wait to use the bath salts too!! Thank you so much Holli-It was a nice surprise today!! :)

ps Can you just smell the Hyacinths in this pic...they are divine...my second favorite flower scent right behind Lilac...can't wait for those to bloom too!


and finally....there is a barn is coming down on my road. I asked the new owner if I could have some of the wood and he said YES!!! Yippee. I can't wait!! Have a very Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!!

13 comments:

  1. WOWSERS! Those are some INCREDIBLE finds!! Lucky, lucky you! I don't even know where to begin to comment - but I can say I'm really loving all that pewter - and that trunk!!! YIKES....our church sales aren't anything like that! Have a wonderful mother's day weekend! Smiles & Hugs, Robin (PS - LOVE your little bunny from Holli - he's too sweet!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one lucky girl. Wow, all those goodies. I think I live in the wrong location. I can't find any good prims here. Just made a post about the craft show,,, great,,, only 1 booth you could call prim and they had very little. Maybe I should just change my decorating style to something other than prim. I LOVE the pewter wind goblets and what a great price. Thanks for sharing. You have a Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang Patti!!! You really made out, lucky you!! Love that trunk!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You really hit the jackpot. You found some really neat things. I need to go shopping with you!

    Prim Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is a great load there. Finding the stuff is half the fun too. In a couple weeks they will be having a city wide yardsale in the next town. Want to come and go junking with me?
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patti,

    Very nice finds. Can't wait to see the desk redone. Have a Happy Mothers Day.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Patti, you got some good stuff there. And old barnwood to boot!!!!
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patti,
    Wow you got some great goodies awesome deals! I love that trunk and your desk! enjoy your day ! Love what Holli sent ya she is just the sweetest!hugs
    lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you had a great Mother's Day Patti!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl you hit the jackpot! I love the little humback steamer trunk,I can't believe you found that for $10. I've been finding some goodies too.Been so busy treasure hunting though not much time to post..smile..Have a great week!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! LOTS of great finds! I love the pewter goblets!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What good finds. Love the trunk too. Sounds like you had fun shopping. Those are the best kind of days.
    I am a follower now.
    Tamera
    Country at heart

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You sure did score some nice goodies.
    I love the trunk!
    Sounds like you had a fun filled day!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry seedlings said...