Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday Display Chain: Quilt Anything...

Misi from 1890 Gable House Musings display chain for this week is to show off anything using quilted material....Here's my contribution:
In the 1990's I used to watch the HGTV show with Alex Anderson: Simply Quilts...do you all remember it??
Here's the link to some of the archived episodes... http://www.hgtv.com/simply-quilts/video/index.html
I truly was addicted to that show!!!  I was very interested in applique quilting and did these blocks....I also did a quilt top on point with these blocks--and I can't find it at the moment...I never did finish it...shame on me...I did have a toddler then and was preoccupied...and working full time....what else can I say? LOL.
Here's a closer look: They were stitched on my machine with a feather stitch....

Here's another quilt top that I appliqued using a handstitched button stitch but again...never finished it...wow, there's a theme here...I used that wonderunder to place the snowmen and wished that I hadn't when I started to hand sew the edges...it is the thinnest adhesive but hard to stitch through...oh well...live and learn!
Molly wanted to be in the pic! Oh yeah..I simply loooove my quilted bedspread from....shhhh ...TARGET !!

Here's an annie dolly purchased from a local crafter...she used a quilt piece for the heart...
Here's my most prized quilt that I've show here before...an antique handmade quilt from probably the 1930's?? It lays here on my daughters antique rocker in my living room, along with another annie purchased from the same local crafter! 


 I will definitely be making this small pieced Americana table runner...I purchased the pattern kit at my favorite quilt shop about a week ago...the owner has an eye for putting fabrics together. She had a sample in the shop of the very same one and I had to have it.....It's quick and easy and not overwhelming like making a larger quilt. The larger red piece on the right is for the backing, the two strips on the left are for the 4 patch squares, the cream americana fabric is for the "point" sections (triangles)...the dark blue is for the binding (edging).


Update: Here's the table runner quilt top all pieced...the blue is for the binding...The triangle (cream) fabric has the names  as signed on the Declaration of Independence!!.What do you think so far? I'll probably leave it out all year long!

Here it is all pieced...a close up...now to put the batting and backing on and then quilt it!! Click on the pic to see the amazing fabric...now you know why I had to have it!


I very well couldn't forget to add this last pic...of my fabric stash...just a note...this DOES NOT hold all of my fabric (I know...its a sickness and yes I just bought some more tonight!)...some are in bins under my bed...and a bunch more are in the basement, and in my office/studio/craft room where this olde cupboard is...I bought it at Letchworth Arts and Craft Festival a couple of years ago and thought it was big enough to hold all the loot...haha...notice that I put the fabric in order of the ROYGBIV rainbow!!!
Here's the quilt that Becky is giving away as the prize for this weeks display chain....Also go on over to Becky's blog: Primitives n Stitchin to see all of her gorgeous quilts...She is truly talented!!

11 comments:

  1. You're too funny Patti! Love your "quilties!" - 'specially that little Americana piece you just got...get on and show it to us all done up!

    Have a happy tomorrow!

    Smiles & Hugs ~
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patti,

    Oooo, look at all that fabric stash (and I do love that cabinet too). Your appliques are great and can't wait to see the Americana piece finished up!

    Blessings,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti
    Pretties!! looking forward to the Americana~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics Patti! I can see why the Grandmothers Flower Garden quilt is a prized possession ~ so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti,
    You crack me up , I love them all finished or not! lol I cant wait to see your new one when you finish it ! Your cabinet of fabric is awesome and o the stash inside AMAZING, fabric is an addiction and sickness, I have the same addiction , but :0( no pretty cabinet to store it all in ! lol Enjoy your day , happy stitching! hugs lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you come over and organize my fabric stash Patti? Pretty please...I have fabric everywhere it seems. Prim dressers, cabinets spare couch, kitchen table...nothing organized though...so I have to search everywhere for what I want. LOL PS. I use to watch Alex's show too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patti~

    Lovely quilts. I have many unfinished quilts laying around, so don't feel too bad about having a couple unfinished projects.

    Have a wonderful day~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wonderful, love the dolly and the heart! You do have a great selection of colors, I like the way you separated it in the cupboard. I love that runner, and hope I get to see it when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patti, Love your collection and love how prim prefect your stash is hidden!!! OLM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patti love your quilt collection ! Your fabric stash is awesome .Have a great evening.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry seedlings said...