Friday, August 12, 2011

Some radom pics with my new camera....

Are ya sick of me yet?...if not here are some more pics taken with my new camera...
We're having a super year with our veggie garden....our pumpkin/gourd patch is on the other side of the yard; which you can't see...My egg gourds, birdhouse gourds, apple gourds and sweet annie are all doing great...I don't seem to have very many pumpkins despite all the blossoms...I think I may need to add lime to the soil next year??? I'll have to take a pic of this garden later....Click on the pic for a better view.


picked a ton of veggies today...many for Salsa~yellow and green peppers, jalepenos, tomatoes and onions.... Yummy... We were truly blessed with a great harvest this year even though DH didn't put any cow or horse poop in the garden!! :) (yes I know...gross but ya gotta remember that I'm a nurse after all...we can do anything-esp eat while standing up and talk about gross stuff)!


Here's a dragonfly...one of the smaller ones....just look at his face...and his wings are so delicate. Click on the pic for a closer look of this amazing lil' creature! Can you tell I'm loving my new camera?


A couple of yellow finches eating sunflower seeds to their hearts content...this is the only way I was able to get a shot of them...they are soooo fast!! Can you see both of them? Click to zoom!


Well I'm off to see what else I can find to photograph....:)



11 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of Mother Nature~ Never could get tired of pic like these~
    enjoy that camera~ I know I am~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your new camera....This is a great time of year to get out and see all the color and wildlife. I get nothing done during the month of August as I'm out with the lens everyday. Have fun :-}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your garden. Great photos.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're enjoying your new camera every bit as much as you are Patti!! Snap on!! Great photos....and what a wonderful garden you grow!! Mmmmmm....homemade fresh salsa sounds so wonderful....Have a great weekend! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics Patti! So much fun playin' with a new toy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pics, Patti. Keep on snapping!!!!

    I planted zucchinni and planted all males!!! No zucchinni for me!!!! Haven't checked my pumpkins. I think I'm getting a bloom...but then maybe it's a male too!!!! lol

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing wonderful with your new camera Patti, the pictures are wonderful. Keep up the good work.

    Hugs
    ~Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patti, what kind of camera did you get? I have been looking, comparing... I want to new one... so many things to consider....OLM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. These are wonderful pictures what you are taking with your new camera! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm very envious of your garden. It looks so lush. And gourds, too! Great photos, especially the finches. Looks like they're really enjoying the garden too. ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful garden! Girl, consider yourselves fortunate! So many people didn't have the abundance like you because of the crazy weather all over the place. Glad yours turned out so well and you are enjoying the harvest, that's wonderful!

    Nice photographs! I would be taking pictures of everything I see if I had a new camera, haha! Have fun with it (silly to say, I see you already are!).

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry seedlings said...