Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Zucchini Chocolate Cake....

I made 3 zucchini cakes today using my zucchini from the garden....trying to get the kid to try it....
says "I don't like chocolate cake".....now what kid doesn't like chocolate cake? Mine of course...picky he is! Doesn't even know there's zucchini in it!
can you tell one piece is missing already? Hehe...Here's the recipe....I tripled mine!! :)

~Chocolate Zucchini Cake~
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup canola oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 1/2 cups flour
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 cups shredded zucchini (leave skin on)-I packed them in tightly
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup or so of chopped walnuts (optional)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cream together: oil, margarine & sugar then add eggs, vanilla and milk; set aside

Mix together dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture 1-2 cups at a time Mix well and add zucchini

Pour into greased 9x13 pan

sprinkle with chocolate chips and walnuts (if desired)

bake @ 350 degrees for 40 minutes or when done (toothpick comes out clean)
~~~Enjoy~~~
If you have a very sweet tooth you may want to add a bit more sugar !!

Keep one and give 2 away.....

8 comments:

  1. Very clever! I surely won't tell!
    Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delish! Nice way to use up the squash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chocolate zucchini cake....silly kid!! You're right - who doesn't like chocolate?!!! Just finishing up some chocolate chip zucchini bread....yummmm.... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. TFS!!!
    I'm going to make up some and freeze it and give to the neighbors at a later date! They don't want our extra zucchini right now?! Can't imagine why!
    Maybe they'll think different next time ~smile~
    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds yummy - I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummo!! and to make it even healthier replace the oil with unsweetened applesauce..)then you can have 2 pieces and not feel guilty.;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, who doesn't like chocolate bread! This is another food group in my house. Thank you for this wonderful receipe, I will try it out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this stuff is sooooooo delicious. I wish I was there. Way better than my brownies. I can't wait until the zucchini around here is ready.

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry seedlings said...