Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Zucchini Fritters....

oh my goodness...three posts in one day...wow...I'm on a zucchini roll. Here's an awesome recipe; quick and easy and uses up all that zucchini in the garden...hint if you don't have a good food processor-you need to get one...my MIL found a small cuisinart at a yard sale for me (brand new) and I'm in LOVE with it! I need to get a bigger one though....the trick to great fritters is having shredded zucchini instead of mushy zucchini with those cheaper food processors (like I used the first time)...oh well live and learn :)

I think this recipe is from either Taste of Home Cooking blog or Menonite Girls Can Cook...I can't remember. This is my slight variation:

~Zucchini Fritters~


2 zucchini, grated(about 3 1/2 c.)

1 egg

2/3 c. shredded Cheddar cheese (I use mexican blend)

2/3 c. round buttery crackers (like Ritz), crumbled

Salt to taste
2 T oil (I use olive oil)

Chopped lemon basil sprinkled on top; about 6 medium leaves (optional)-My addition

Hot sauce to taste (optional)-My addition

Large thinly sliced garden tomato for topping (optional)-My addition

Panko bread crumbs if the mixture is a bit too watery (optional)-My addition again :) these are coarse plain bread crumbs that I like to use instead of finely coarse italian bread crumbs

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Combine zucchini, egg, cheese, crackers and salt in a large mixing bowl. If mixture seems wet, add extra crackers (or panko bread crumbs); shape mixture into patties. Heat oil in a skillet; fry patties on medium heat; about 3-6 min on each side or until golden brown.

Add a tomato slice and top with a small handful (1-2  tbsp) of shredded cheese

Serve with hot sauce, honey mustard or ranch dipping sauce (optional)

Makes 3 large or 4 smaller servings.

My DH ate his so here's a pic of mine: (click on the pic for a better view)





4 comments:

  1. You're so cute...I'm still scrolling for the pic. However, these sound so good. I love good zucchini recipes. I'll have to post the zucchini boat recipe from Sue Branch's book.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks yummy!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you have been cooking up a storm, it is surprise all the wonderful things that you can make with squash. Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patti, Thanks so much for entering my giveaway and posting it on your blog. Now I'm hungry after looking at all your delicious recipes. Thanks again and good luck!! Denise

    ReplyDelete

Raspberry seedlings said...